Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Prepairing to go to Florida!

My husband works at nuclear plants as an ironworker. He works outages for them which means we travel from job to job. There are so many plants, that it's possible not to work at the same plant twice. The first place we went to was over close to Dothan, AL. We were there for almost a year and a half (off and on). Last outage we were in MS, south of Vicksburg. This time, the job took him all the way to Miami, FL. :)

He left out Sunday for a "make it/break it" welding test. This means that if he doesn't pass the test, he has to come home. If he passes, he gets the job. He took the welding test all day yesterday and when they tested it, he had PASSED! I'm so proud of him! I thank the good Lord above because we were trusting Him 100% on him passing. This job had a high flunk out rate, so when he left, he was going against the odds on passing, but he did it! :D

Now for the hard part... Hubby's down in Ft. Lauderdale, FL filling out all of his paperwork before he goes down to the job site south of Miami and I get the job of wrapping up all the odds and ends around the house so we can go join him. :)

The day before hubby left we were able to get the rest of the hay for our cows to make it through the Winter and we were able to meet up with the guy drawing up our house plans and get him started on the final draft. :)

So now before we can go to FL, I'm waiting on a few things to happen.

1. Next week the children are going to Kid's Camp with our church. Talk about excited! They've been wanting to pack for the past two weeks! lol

2. Than I need to buy the children's school books and supplies. I normally drive over to Pensacola, FL to buy our supplies and I'm thinking I'll drive over there the week the children are at camp. I'll have peace and quiet so I can find everything I need to get for the school year. lol

3. I also need to get our COMPLETED house plans from the guy drawing them up. YAY!!

4. Than I need to get our tags on our vehicles renewed before we leave. This puts us leaving in August. This also puts us into birthday season for the Reed clan. Isaiah's is in August, Hannah is in September, and Elijah is in October. I'm thinking I need to have a small party for them before we leave town. Oh, so that makes #5!

Wow, the more I think about it, the greater my list grows. I do believe I need to stop thinking about it. lol

I'm looking forward to traveling down to S. Florida. The furthest I've been in FL to date is Panama City! I'll be sure to keep y'all updated on what's going on with us. What an adventure we are up for! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment